Monday 25 March 2013

Terry's Chocolate Orange Cake

This time I adopted my original Terry's Chocolate Orange Cake recipe so I can prepare it in the Zila Cake Mould. When I purchased my mould, this was the cake I had in mind that would be the best with it. It was much easier to to make the cake and I didn't need the gelatine to harden the cream, as this time the cavities hold the cream together.

Terry's Chocolate Orange Cake



For the sponge
190 g self-raising flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
210 g butter at room temperature
210 g golden caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
100 g 70% dark chocolate, melted and cooled

For the cream
300 g soft cheese
zest of 2 oranges
juice of 1.5 orange
3-5 tbsp icing sugar
150 ml double cream

orange food colouring

For the decoration
1 Terry's Chocolate Orange



Heat the oven to 180 C. Coat the 12 slice cake mould with a vegetable fat based release agent spray.

Put all the cake ingredients except the chocolate in a  large bowl. Beat them together with an electric mixer until you have a creamy mixture, then fold in the melted chocolate. Add a little more milk if the mix is too stiff- it should fall easily from a spoon.

Pour the cake mix into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed.






For the filling, mix all ingredients in a big bowl then add the orange food colouring(the amount you need depends on the brand, so use as recommended), mixing thoroughly and put it to the fridge to harden a little.

Place the filling into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe the cream into the 12 cavities and place a Terry's Chocolate Orange slice in each cream portion.

Enjoy:) Sorry, I don't have any pictures from the actual slices as I took it into my workplace to  my colleagues to destroy:).

No comments:

Post a Comment